Travel advisory

When going abroad, remember that you may find yourself in an unfamiliar environment - in a country with a different climate, different standards of behavior in public places, requirements for appearance, unusual food, and a special work schedule of organizations and institutions. Therefore, you should familiarize yourself in advance with the features characteristic of the state that you plan to visit. This will help you properly prepare for the trip, take with you the necessary things. It will not be superfluous to read the reviews of other people about their stay in a particular country, city.

Please check the documents before leaving (passport, visa, tickets, insurance, etc.), make copies of them. The telephone numbers of the embassy and the nearest consular office of the Russian Federation in the intended country of residence may be useful.

Required documents for the trip

Before leaving for the airport, you should check the availability of the following documents:

  • passport with an open visa
  • air tickets (save until the end of the trip)
  • medical insurance
  • invitation from educational institution
  • transfer confirmation (if ordered)
  • photocopy of tickets, passport pages with a photo and visa
Medical care

To receive timely medical care, you must immediately call the emergency number listed on your health insurance list and state the health insurance number, your name, and the nature of the care you need.

We recommend that you always have a copy of your passport with a visa and a copy of health insurance with you.

We recommend taking with you a minimal set of medicines that you have already taken, and know that you have no contraindications or allergies to these drugs (do not take new and unfamiliar medicines with you). Take antipyretics, sore throat and runny nose, pain killers, anti-allergies, nausea and abdominal pain, antiseptics.

To avoid problems, it is not recommended to use water from the tap, because water not habitual for a stomach can cause intestinal frustration. We recommend to buy bottled purified water.

Arrival at the airport

You must arrive at the airport for check-in for international flights no later than 3 hours before departure, for domestic flights - 1 hour before the start. We remind you that check-in ends 40 minutes before departure.

If you pack your bags for a trip, please note that many things may be prohibited for air travel, and there are special rules for hand luggage that you must specify in advance with the airline. Do not lose the coupons on the baggage that you handed over, they will be needed in case of loss.

Arrival Rules

When passport control you need to calmly and politely answer all the questions posed by the officer (I know the purpose of my trip). When passing through passport control, you must have a passport, an invitation from the educational institution, medical insurance and return tickets; passport control officer may require them.

Rules of conduct abroad

To prevent unwanted incidents in an unfamiliar country, it is recommended not to be rude, not to raise voices, not to show arrogance and neglect, and also not to allow offensive statements in public places, and not to appear in public places on the night after 00:00 to avoid unfavorable areas of the city.

We should not forget the need to respect local laws, traditions and customs. Some seemingly innocuous actions, statements or even gestures in some situations may be unacceptable in the country where you are on, and then darken or completely spoil the journey.

While abroad, as, indeed, in your own homeland, never forget about reasonable care and discretion.

It is necessary to leave abroad strictly until the end of the validity of a Schengen or other visa or after 90 days of uninterrupted stay in the Schengen zone. Every overdue day entails a fine (the amount of the fine varies in each country, averaging more than 100 euros per day) and the subsequent ban on entering the country for 5 years. The maximum stay in the Schengen countries is 90 days!

Follow all the rules of conduct established by the school and the rules of living in a family / residence / apartment. If you have any problems, please contact your supervisor or a school employee, or contact your University.

If you unintentionally or intentionally violated the rules of stay abroad, lost documents, obtained problems with local authorities, you must immediately inform the academic mobility group.

If you lost your passport

In case of loss of a passport outside the Russian Federation, you must immediately contact the Russian diplomatic mission or consular office in the host country to obtain a certificate of entry (return) to the Russian Federation.

If the Russian overseas office is located far from your location, we recommend that you first contact employees of the overseas office by phone and get additional explanations regarding the required documents.

To obtain a certificate of entry (return) to the Russian Federation you should submit:

  • an application for the issuance of the certificate (the form should be obtained at the representative Russian overseas office);
  • two photographs (35 x 45 mm in size);
  • internal passport (if available) or written statements of at least two citizens of the Russian Federation confirming the identity of the applicant and his Russian citizenship (certified by the foreign institution).

In order to confirm his identity, the applicant may submit other documents: a driver's license, a service certificate with a photo, etc. In this case, the foreign institution conducts additional verification of information about the applicant.

Actions in a traffic accident, assault or theft, detention by law enforcement agencies

Actions in a traffic accident, assault or theft, detention by law enforcement agencies.

Often, accidents with Russian citizens abroad are associated with the use of vehicles. Therefore, it is necessary to show increased attention both in the case of driving a car and when choosing a vehicle provided for the transportation of tourists. In a traffic accident, you must first call an ambulance (if someone is injured and requires medical assistance), wait for the police (transport police). It is recommended to insist on drawing up a protocol at the scene. Sometimes an additional investigation is required to determine the cause of the accident and the degree of guilt of each party.

If there is a theft or an attack against you, first of all, you need to report the incident to the law enforcement agencies for possible disclosure of the crime without delay. It is necessary to draw up a report, in the case of theft - with the list of missing items and their approximate cost. It is also recommended to report the incident to your supervisor, if any, or to an employee of the educational institution.

If you are detained or arrested, do not resist, as this may aggravate the situation and provoke law enforcement officers to use physical force or even weapons. It is not recommended to communicate with representatives of law enforcement agencies, as well as to sign any protocols and other documents in a foreign language in the absence of an interpreter or a lawyer, since such statements according to the legislation of a number of countries can be used against yours.

You have the right to require the provision of the opportunity to contact the nearest Russian diplomatic mission or consular office or to send him a written notice of the fact of the incident. Specific assistance from Russian consular offices may be to assist in establishing contacts with your relatives or friends, monitoring compliance with legal procedures, including in terms of compliance with the local laws and international law, searching for lawyers, clarifying all the circumstances of the case.

Emergency Recommendations

If you are in an emergency zone (terrorist attack, natural disaster), if possible, immediately inform the embassy or consulate of the Russian Federation about yourself, your close people, acquaintances. If you dont know the telephone numbers of the Russian consulate, inform about incident the employee of the educational institution or relatives.